What is Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)?
- Indian Oil Corporation or IOC is India’s flagship national oil company and downstream petroleum major.
- The Indian Oil Corporation was established on 30th June, 1959.
- It was remained as Indian Oil Corporation on 1 September, 1964.
Reasons for number one ranking in India:
1. The Indian oil corporation owns and operates ten of India’s 20 refineries with a combine capacity of 65.2 million metric tonnes per annum, which is relatively more than any other oil company in India. Major reason answering the question of Why Indian Oil Corporation is the Number One Company in Indian?
2. The Indian Oil Corporation meets the vital energy needs of the consumers in an efficient, economical and environmental friendly manner as compared to other oil companies in India.
3. The India Oil Corporation provide precious petroleum products to millions of people every day through a countrywide network of about 35,000 sales points, which is unmatchable by any other oil company in India.
4. The Indian Oil Corporation operates the largest and has the widest network of petrol and diesel stations in the country, which is around 19000.
5. The Indian Oil Corporation not only has the widest network of petrol but at the same time it has over 55 million households for Indian cooking gas delivery.
6. The Indian oil Corporation has 64 percentage market share in the aviation fuel business, which is relatively high than any other oil company in India.
7. The Indian Oil Corporation not only dominates in the aviation sector but also dominates the bulk consumer business, including that of railways, state transport undertaking, industrial sector, agricultural sector and marine sector.
8. Indian Oil Corporation has the Asia’s finest Research and Development centers (R&D) as compared to other oil companies in India.
9. The Indian Oil Corporation also plays a vital role in the hydrogen fuel economy of India.
10. The Indian Oil Corporation is the only oil company in India which has set up a commercial Hydrogen- CNG station at an Indian oil retail outlet in New Delhi.
11. The Indian Oil Corporation hold the 220 active patents, which includes 111 international patents, no other oil company in India has achieved such number of patents.
12. The Indian Oil Corporation is the global leader in providing INDMAX technology for maximizing LPG yield.
13. The Indian oil Corporation has set up XTRACARE petrol and diesel stations which they have unveiled in selective urban areas and semi-urban areas which offers a range of value added service to enhance customer delight and loyalty.
14. The India Oil Corporation provides multiple facilities to the consumer which other oil companies do not provide, such as food courts, first aid, rest rooms, spare parts shop, dormitories etc.
15. The Indian Oil Corporation not only provides facilities for urban people but it also take cares of the rural population. For this the Indian Oil Corporation has set up Kisan Seva Kendra outlets, which offers variety of products and services such as seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, farm equipment, medicines, spare parts for trucks and tractors, tractor engine oils, pump set oils, auto fuels and Kerosene.
16. The Indian Oil Corporation has recently launched SERVOXpress, which is nothing but a one-stop shop for the auto care services.
17. The India Oil Corporation company has subsidiaries in many countries such as Sri Lanka, Mauritius, United Arab Emirates or UAE. No other oil company in India has such expansion outside the country. The IOC is finding new opportunities in the energy markets of Asia and Africa.
18. The Indian Oil Corporation has achieved many awards such as Master Brand award, India Pride award, National Award for Innovative Training Practices etc.
The India Oil Corporation has created the place in the heart of the consumer in and around the world with its quality achievement and out-of-the-box things this is why Indian Oil Corporation is the number on company in India.